Wednesday 21 February 2007

Gluttony = Suicide


We're back in business again! Yes we are newbies, but yes we persevere! And so does David Suzuki thank God. (wow, what a segue) Suzuki spoke recently in London, Ontario on a subject often belaboured by my fellow blogger creme brulee. "More" isn't more (as most of us believe), "more" is the road to environmental suicide. Less is definitely more. Some people get this, most of us don't. Most of us are stupid as so affectionately pointed out by creme in his column today. Luckily we're related so I know that he thinks me stupid in the most loving of ways.
I am most impressed by the french exchange student (Frenchie) currently staying with me. All of us stupid people could learn a thing or two from this tiny 14 year old from the Bordeaux region of France. He doesn't snack, he doesn't like pop, yes you heard me correctly, he prefers water. He eats 3 meals a day, in moderation, choosing carefully, making me feel guilty for that tasty but utterly unnecessary and totally decadent slice of chocolate cake I greedily ate on the sly after school today. (Well it was the last piece and I wanted to get rid of the container so what else could I do?????)
Maybe I can find out what to do by exploring Suzuki's Nature Challenge, so far 250,000 Canadians have signed up to make lifestyle changes. Stay tuned as I find out what you and I can do to turn certain suicide into perhaps only life-threatening injuries.

No comments: